Suzhou Adventures with Friends!

Humble Administrator's Garden
Humble Administrator’s Garden

Yesterday we visited the Humble Administrator’s Garden in Suzhou. Originally built in 1509, the Humble Administrator’s Garden is home to lush vegetation and extraordinary architecture representative of the Ming Dynasty. The garden is a World Cultural Heritage site that attracts visitors from all over China. I felt honored to observe and learn about something so beautiful and serene.

Bri with a Bonsai
Bri with a Bonsai

As dubbed by our incredible tour guides Michael and Anita, the “Number Two” Silk Factory/Museum was a historical window into a Suzhou staple. I enjoyed learning about the process of creating silk goods as well as purchasing one of my own!

A Silkworm Coccoon
A Silkworm Cocoon

Our Study Abroad group is hard at work developing the lesson plans for the students of SNA. We had the opportunity to observe classes and speak with our delegated professors to determine how well our lessons would fit with the curriculum. I will be working with Ms. Joan Palcongan, a biology teacher at SNA. We discussed the connections between the respiratory and central nervous systems, and mental health. I am excited to present on something I am passionate about while simultaneously reviewing high school biology:)!

Student Artwork at SNA
Student Artwork at SNA
Sanchez the Peacock